Situation Update – COVID-19
24th March 2020
After last night’s announcement by the Prime Minister, we would like to reassure our customers that 999 Automation remains open for business. Many of our customers work directly or indirectly in essential industries and we will remain open to ensure their continued supply.
We have already transitioned the majority of our office staff to work from home, leaving essential personnel. Our IT team have worked tirelessly to ensure that the home-workers can provide the same service as if they were in the office – just perhaps with a little more background noise!
Our group warehouses are open, our drivers and carriers are delivering. However, our trade counters are closed, other than to collections. Both collections and deliveries will now be made without physical contact for the safety of our staff and customers. Please contact us by phone if you wish to collect an order.
We are benefitting from our group HQ move in January. It has double the stock capacity of our previous home and we have been building stocks for some weeks in anticipation of any supply chain interruptions.
It’s heart-warming to see that the 999 Automation fighting spirit lives on and to see the determination of so many of our team to keep working and to keep supporting those customers continuing to trade. These are unprecedented and very difficult times but at 999 Automation we will stand side-by-side with our customers and suppliers to face the challenges ahead.
The 999 Automation Team
19th March 2020
We offer an update from 999 Automation in light of the fast-changing nature of the COVID-19 outbreak, which is causing considerable concern for everyone in our community.
Firstly, we want to assure you that we are doing everything we can to adapt to the new circumstances that we are all faced with and we thank our customers, suppliers and especially our colleagues, for their patience loyalty and their hard work in tackling the continuing challenges and uncertainty that the virus has so far brought. It is our primary duty and responsibility to take care of our colleagues and their families and to provide a safe place of work. Being at 999 Automation has always been like being a part of a big family and at these times we recognise that looking out for each other is more important than ever.
In the meantime, the 999 Automation Team continue to work tirelessly to fulfil all orders, enquiries and technical support requests and to ensure as limited an impact as possible to all of our valued customers. They do so as our working environment is changing rapidly.
We are ensuring that:
- All members of the 999 Automation sales and support teams can work from home if required. Many have transitioned already
- 999 Automation internal ERP systems, communication processes and software are suitable for a remote working eventuality.
- 999 Automation are working closely with our suppliers and logistics partner to ensure minimum disruption to deliveries.
General notes to consider:
- Stock is held locally within our group of companies, if you have any special requirements please contact us on our normal number, through www.cdluk.com or by contacting our branch here.
- Customers will be notified in advance of any currently unforeseen lead time issues.
- We will endeavour to meet the requirements for on-site support when we can assure the welfare of our staff.
- We are equipped to host group calls with clients.
- We are ready to accept video conference calls from customers or suppliers
- You can contact us by Email, Telephone, Skype and all of our 999 Automation social media profiles.
- Our sales team will contact customers with diarised face-to-face meetings to change these to video or audio calls.
- Calls can be made on our normal numbers although the call could be forwarded to an individual member of staff, who may be working elsewhere.
We will continue to follow the Government’s guidance, working closely with all partners, to ensure that 999 Automation takes the actions necessary to support our customers, suppliers and colleagues. In addition, we are working around the clock to find new ways that we can further support our customers during this period of unprecedented uncertainty. We want to help and find new ways – however big or small – to alleviate the pressures customers are likely to face, or may already be facing. We would be delighted to hear from you directly if there are suggestions that would help your business.
Once again, thank you for working with the 999 Automation. We will be back in touch soon.
The 999 Automation Team